What is "eduroam"?
eduroam (education roaming) is an international roaming service for users in research and higher education. And in japan, the eduroam has been promoted by National Institute of Informatics (NII) & Tohoku University.
eduroam is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Having started in Europe, eduroam has gained momentum throughout the research and education community and is now available in 106 countries.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
[Where can I eduroam? | eduroam.org]
[What is eduroam? | eduroam.org]
Target who can use this service
- Visiter in NAIST
- NAIST member ( student , faculty, staff )
How to use eduroam (for Visiter)
Visiter in NAIST (other organization members) will be able to use eduroam connection service by selecting the ESSID displayed as "eduroam" and log in with the eduroam account ID and password.
The eduroam account ID must be issued in advance by each institution. However, ITC can issue eduroam guest accounts to short-stay guests who do not have an eduroam account (guest who stay at NAIST within a month). If you would like to issue eduroam guest account, please submit "eduroam guest account application" .
Regarding the use of eduroam connection service in NAIST, we make "NAIST eduroam service Rule" . Please check the content before you use.
For eduroam setting and more information , please refer to the following page.
- eduroam | eduroam.org
- The eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT)
- Global eduroam map | eduroam.org
you have to set enable IPv6 on your PC.
How to use eduroam (for NAIST member)
To use eduroam, you need an account of eduroam.
NAIST members can create eduroam account to use GakuNin federation system as following Web page.
Notice and Rules
In using eduroam, users should pay attention to the following matters.
- When using eduroam, you must comply with the laws of the visiting country and the regulations of the institution/organization of the visit.
- User must not to provide your eduroam account and its password to the third parties or the other agencies. When we confirm that the account is stolen or is illegal used, we immediately deactivate that account.
- Except issuing eduroam accounts, ITC will not do any support relating to the use of eduroam. And please use eduroam at your own risk.
- eduroam service in NAIST is limited to the period during which the eduroam service continues.